At Service First, we know the science behind black mold, what kills it, and how to get it out of your home.
Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can lead to symptoms such as stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes, or skin. Some people, such as those with allergies to molds or with asthma, may have more intense reactions.
Severe reactions may occur when exposed to large amounts of molds in occupational settings, such as farmers working around moldy hay. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath.
People with a weakened immune system, such as people receiving treatment for cancer, people who have had an organ or stem cell transplant, and people taking medicines that suppress the immune system, are more likely to get mold infections.
Exposure to mold or dampness may also lead to development of asthma in some individuals. Interventions that improve housing conditions can reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies.
Professional restoration means the moldy areas are going to be thoroughly cleaned to get rid of the mold.
Some moldy building materials may have to be discarded so they can be replaced with new materials.
The good news is that any porous building materials in your home affected by mold growth and water damage can be replaced.
Mold remediation services will also use a sealer to make the treated areas water-resistant.